How to Hang your Garland like a Pro!
The secret to getting the “designer” look for your Holiday decor is to master some of the basic tricks of the trade. One of the most important is how to mount your garland on your mantel.
- 2-Nails with flat heads– from any hardware store
- Floral Wire- from Michael’s or any floral supply store
- Hammer the nails into the back of the mantel, find a spot at the connection between the wall and the mantel that will not show as much when you remove the nail.
- Fold the florist wire in half and wrap it tightly around the nail a couple of times, so there are two equal pieces that come off the nail.
- Use the pieces of wire to wrap around the garland and twist them together to anchor the garland on the mantel.
- Pull the garland fairly tightly to the nail on the other side of the mantel and anchor it by wrapping the wire around it the same way as the first side.
- Check to make sure the garland looks equal on both sides.